Monday, February 15, 2010

valentine's requiem

Love in wartime is hard
And in sorrowless aeon as well
But leave it to this sometimes gentle bard
To acquaint this tale I tell

Love is labour never lost
As we bards recite,
For it’s burden worth the cost,
For our heart’s delight.

I write this for she that dwell,
In the labyrinthine chaos of thought,
Her eyes, her heart forever swell
Those lessons that they taught.

She smiled once so long ago,
And my heart was her’s.
A beauteous flower hensforth grow,
In between feline purrs.

For in those eyes and smile,
I am the man who is better,
Than the pretty face that’s the style.
She is the page and letter.

For love as old poets say,
Is the rite of youth,
But in it’s arms I’ll stay.
For therin dwells the truth.

So to my lady fair I give,
All that I am and more,
For in those eyes I live,
And for her these scribbles pour.

No comments:

Post a Comment