Friday, January 20, 2012

TO THE STARS and BACK AGAIN - a story from the archive

TO THE STARS and BACK AGAIN
A tale of Cyran and Mirana


It was a clear night when Cyran Oghma knelt before the stone monument, his cold blue eyes shining.

CYRAN – Hello my love.

He cleared the vines from the simple stone marker. Brushed off the autumnal leaves.

CYRAN – I miss you so much my love, you knew didn’t you? You knew you were going to die. I would have done anything to stop it.

Tears poured down the old warriors face. He had always half joked that he would not profane the beauty of tears by putting them on a face like his. He figured the Gods would forgive him.

CYRAN - But I keep my word.

And with that he looked up to the stars. And screamed.

CYRAN – I LOVE YOU MIRANA !!!!!

Memories bled back into him, a younger Cyran and his true love were walking in the gilded moonlight, hand in hand. They were away from the temple and need not fear discovery. His mind was elsewhere. He was waiting on an intelligence briefing in the morning. Starfall was concerned about Nocturne’s recent activities. Nocturne took delight in corruption of Jedi DNA.


MIRANA – Do you love me Cyran?

CYRAN – Of course.

It seemed an odd question for her to ask him. She knew he did. But sometimes she just needed to hear it. She had the sight, she knew more than anyone what the future held.

MIRANA – I know you feel that. But could you do me a favor.

CYRAN – Anything. My treasure.

MIRANA – Proclaim your love for me, scream it to the stars. The stars will always remember true love.

CYRAN – Now?

He said with a smile. He was standing ready to proclaim it to the universe.

MIRANA – Not now, but someday when you are alone, and it’s just you between the midnight and the dawn.

CYRAN - You have my word.

MIRANA – To the stars and back again.

CYRAN – To the stars and back again.

They shared a kiss then.

Cyran returned back from the realm of memory. He stood quietly for a moment and listened to the wind sweeping up the leaves. Listened for her voice, her song. All he heard was the wind.

CYRAN -The stars will always remember true love

He muttered to himself. As he walked off into the night.

A small figure approached the stone marker. She watched the ancient warrior poet walk off into a time he wasn’t meant to be in. A time he was ill suited for. She reached out a slender hand and brushed a flame red lock of hair from eyes of oceanic blue.

MIRANA – Yes they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment