Monday, August 6, 2012

Gratitude


Gratitude, thank you my students and teachers. For the bruised ribs and egos, for the days gone without eating so I had money for gas, for the days you went without sleep so I could pay my car insurance, for giving me a place to sleep when I was looking at sleeping on the street, for not taking advantage, for the sacrifice of irrevocable time studying and planning lessons, for the sacrifice of limited energy, for teaching me, for dealing with my tiredness and bitterness, my coyness and occasional contempt, for your broken fingers, busted noses, and black eyes, for your hurt feelings and boundless compassion, for your love and pure generosity of spirit. You taught me that some people are loyal beyond their options, and that largess is not a sin, and sometimes it’s refreshing to be proven wrong. What did I learn?…Always, always, always a student.

No comments:

Post a Comment