Tuesday, February 21, 2012

feeling the love

I love the british, their gift for understatement is boundless - only they can say with any credibility " I haven't seen you for ages" ( any time frame from 20 minutes to 20 years ), " He isn't at all well" ( upon notifcation of contracting bubonic plague or leprosy ) "that was absolutely beastly" ( upon evidence of ritual cannibalism )and my personal favorite " it's a bit sh*t" ( a level of equivocation only the english are capable of ), being an American, which my UK bretheren thinks is a unforgivable flaw but they are so damn polite about it. Cheers

I love the saffers for their instinctual accomadation and their wholehearted celebration of life. Give tem good food, good wine and great music and they will made the gods weep in envy. That's because " I was the best fake boyfreind eva" and even hen you answer a question in Afrikannes in Korean they laugh and smile.

I love kiwis because they are the most mellow human beings I have ever met. There is a flow, uncomplicated but far from simple. You couldn't ruffle their feathers if you hit them with a sledgehammer. Their only response " I've been hit harder in rugby mate, not like that ponce American football you blokes play, pads are for girls."

lastly my kinfolk the Irish, their sing song consumation of life and love. Is like the anticipation of biting ambrosia. There is a reason the goddesd Brigit embodies fire and poetry. Be "Grand" be "Brutal" but always be.

No comments:

Post a Comment