Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Brokemon

If I was a cartoon, I’d be Brokemon – Poverty I choose you. As I have stated earlier, The Sensei is frighteningly comfortable with his own particular level of whoredom. But a person wealthy and beautiful tries to barter with me on my rate. Now this person is a millionaire from a wealthy family. In my career I have been offered many things for my services. Boink, poems, music, photography, costume... pieces etc. But today was the best. A “solemn” promise “ When I get famous – I’ll remember you.”- There was a momentary shock followed by. “ Are you effing serious? - A promise to remember me when you get famous is technically not legal tender.” I responded further “ Hun-ney - You may have nature's credit card. I have nature's bounced check. Beauty is a privilege not an entitlement . Pardon my lack of empathy. When the most you’ve ever suffered is waiting in traffic going to the Hamptons in the summertime. You are becoming an artist because you can afford to. To you it’s a choice. It’s the thing to do before you, get the tattoo that makes you all risky and individualistic, the brief affair with the coke dealing biker, the plastic surgery with the boob job, and the arbitrary marriage to one of the spare Romney sons from the yacht club. Most of us don’t have that luxury. We became artists cause that’s what we are. It’s a form of aesthetic indentured servitude. It’s a rough path. It’s worth every scar. Don’t try to con me or insult my intelligence. The three things I love the most about fighting - it's immediate, it get me out of my head and it requires someone to meet their obligations to me.” People make me laugh and want to re-legalize sword dueling. Wall street would finally have some accountability. I would love to see all these – “pulled self up by bootstraps” ( who started with millions by the way ) Ayn Rand-iots survive a sword duel.

No comments:

Post a Comment