Monday, December 23, 2013

sensei awesome moment of the day - Christmas came early - I went to finish Christmas shopping in the rainy chaos. At the toy store, I picked up a few needful thing and was watching an older boy chasing his little sister with a foam sword. He was swinging it wildly. Their poor mother was on her last nerve.
I asked if mother was ok. " He won't stop chasing her and being a bully."
I said " Give me one moment."
I took one of the foam swords and took the little girl aside. Put my back to the boy.
" He won't stop chasing me."
" I know, but here's what you do. It's called a retreat thrust"
After a quick demo. I continued shopping and waited. The berserker rage overcame the boy and he started charging her. She planted her feet and held the foam sword out in front her. The boy ran straight into the foam point and stopped. Completely stunning him and poking him in the nether regions. The mother burst out laughing and applauded. The girl giggled gleefully the way only little girls can. The boy stopped chasing the sister and I struck a blow for kids who were picked on, of which I was one. To me, that was my gift of the magi.

No comments:

Post a Comment