Sunday, May 13, 2012

friday's duel

Friday, the last warrior poet HAD ANOTHER DUEL while speaking in rhyme. I've been writing albeit slowly. I was AMP'ed after class. Got a call to go to the Velvet. I was improvising performing random sonnets and a guy who was either dragohir or SCA decided to challenge me. Hearing I was the "sword guy" I gave him 3 outs. I offered to buy him an drink and he refused. Then he called me a coward. I got my paddeds and a crowd gathered. Then I asked for a subject. The duel began. The guy was speaking in turkish. I hit him, left temple, top of head x3, right wrist, miss pass achilles tendon, sternum thrut x3. His buddy was complaining " OH HE IS USED TO FIGHTING WITH TO FIGHTING WITH AXES, HITTING IN THE HEAD IS NOT FAIR!!!!" Then I fought him and his buddy.


When they were laid out, I threw my card at him. " Never challenge a stranger, call me if you ever want to learn how to fight" I have fought masters all over the world. I always acccepted the challenges with respect and honor. Won many, lost a few, always learned. The elation was bittersweet and all too brief. I haven't felt that good in a while. Then I heard Phil in my head questioning, I answered the whispering ghost- I am flow, I am sword, I am rain, I am now, I am love, at me

No comments:

Post a Comment