Saturday, February 21, 2009

p.s. does anyone here kapish

I found Warner Brothers cartoons at 4 a.m. on a Satrurday, even dubbed in Korean they are still funny. Actually stumbled upon the " Does anyone here kapish " toon, and the toon with the Big red monster. It's funny to hear " Monsters are such interesting people " In Korean. Been reading a collection of the New Mutants getting nostalgic for the eighties and remembering why I had a crush on Rahne Sinclair. Some of my best relationships have been with superheroines. The fact that they're fictional notwithstanding. Right now watching an intalian soap opera subtitled in korean. Figured what the hell, fry my mind in two languages.
Met some more foreigners since I've been here. Alicia a lovely young woman from delaware, who is borrowing my copy of princess bride. Lady Leonine Overbeek has been a goddess as far as contacts and has supplied me with some much needed venting and reading material, and Barry an Irishman who may be able to play rpg's with me. Still lonely most of the time. Been studying Korean. But my boss thinks after a month I should be fluent.

No comments:

Post a Comment