Sunday, February 15, 2009

Week 5 - English I thought I dreamt hering it

Week 5

English I thought I dreamt hearing it, yes I'm feeling a bit like Khan from space seed.

I finally met a group of english speakers at the wa bar in dongtan. Good people, lively conversation. I was good to have flowing conversation.

Another bonus a young lady who worked at wa bar saw me help the old lady on the bus. She said I was a very nice young man. Two things I haven't been called in awhile. Nice and young.
A mother three sheets and a duvet cover to the wind tried to hook my up with her painfully shy daughter. The girl had been to new york, she was so embarassed. So to save her sanity. I said I was married.

Writing this post from a PC room because my computer is going insane. Much like it's ownner. Viola will survive.

Went to suwon twice, trying to figure out navigation, to make my plans for next weekends visit to the palace of the nine gates and some bhuddist temples. My phone takes pictures Chin Teh is going to help me fix my computer and download programs to transfer the pics to my computer. So pics soon.

Went to some more rural parts of korea and saw the cutest pack of puppies which began to follow me. But remebering that they are livestock made me keep them at arms length. They followed my around, I eventually named them Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch aand Afternoon tea. The classic gallows humor of my people still intact.

Invented a new game where I throw a tiny basketball at the students and they give me an english word. It seems to be working. I will now remeber now to give the ball to my class of feral hobbits, recipe for disaster.

Been doing oral interviews this week, much better than phone interviewing the kids at thier home calling people when you don't speak a lick of korean is awkward and nerve wracking. Talking to the other teachers helped clarify alot for me and clued me in on my options.

Been training like mad. Master Kim appreciates it.

It was valentines day this week. The girls at the school gave me chocolate and paper hearts. Yeah I'm a big softie. I miss my girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment