Friday, February 27, 2009

a long story short

a brief update, first sounds like a joke. An Irishman, A New Zealander, and an American walk into a bar in South Korea. To make a long story short.
The feral hobbits were a little rowdy this week. Felt very Uruk Hai. The computer my life line to the west has been on the fritz. So I have been answering e mails when I can. On my off nights when I am not training. I am studying Korean and my brain goes into a switch mode on the days I don’t allow myself to speak English. Learning to read again has also proved challenging.
One of the local bartenders only English is the term SecShi Guy, or in English Sexy Guy. So one the street she saw me and yelled SecShi Guy!. I responded with some of my new Korean. Arrayo, I mean “ I know”. She couldn’t stop laughing.
Still waiting to get paid. I have been made the mascot of a Cho Gu team. It’s a sport that combines volleyball and soccer. I was just watching the game and the coach bummed a tambae from me. So I celebrated a bit with them. One of the players scored a point with this amazing bicycle kick. I yelled “ Nice!” so the rest of the game when points were scored were followed by a chorus of “ Nice-uh”. I’d love to learn the game but after some practice I realized it wasn’t the sport for me.
I’m looking forward to some traveling and plan on doing a little this weekend. Suwon has many cultural treasures to explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment