Tuesday, September 22, 2009

more ambient light

OFFENSE ( Female )

Where is the profit in taking offense to a whisper? I capitulate to calm the objectors. I know nothing he says. When I am a gourmand of the existential. My grim repast leaves me starving for something akin to magic. I compose myself for the oncoming. On this blotch of land with no space for too much money. And I smile through the scowl and seek recompense in jazz.

FROGS ( Male )

One day the princess who kissed the frog felt very sad. She ran away. The first prince treated her quite shabbily. She sat at the edge of the moat crying. A frog sat at the edge of the moat and asked.
“ Why are you crying?”
“ One kiss to save him,” she said, “That rotten prince charming.” “ I’m sorry he treats you bad.” The frog said, staring up at her. “But did you know the frogs are the purifiers. The ones who first brought the rain. To cleanse the earth. I’d be your prince.”
“ That’s beautiful,” she said
And with that, the frog leapt up. And kissed her. And they lived happily ever after. Prince charming never came looking.
The Moral: You don’t always kiss the right frog first time around.
Peaceful Dreamers come and play and take sides once in a while. This fence sitting nonsense has got to stop. If you’re going to vote pick a party. This self serving diplomacy of cowardice. It’s the side. It’s all about picking the sides.

SLUGABED SUB-LUMINARY ( Male )

My bed is my stronghold. It’s vocabulary of comfort calls to me. I can regale you with the stories of the bed. I love it with joy unrestrained. It is artful in its siryn song. And I am ill disposed to find any fault with it. Save when another man was in it. Now since he’s been in it. It’s lexicon is incomprehensible. But I have the acumen to not be aimless or angry. I will take safety back. I will have a revolt, a bloody coup. I never sold that part of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment