Friday, June 12, 2009

a pirates poem; again from the story

sailing the seas of unknown lands
full of spite and treachery
in this world slow runs times' sands
and I live through piracy

that in the waters I find a home
and in these timbers I am free
this house comes where I roam
and plots courses for my destiny

live, love, fight and be free I said
and these worlds still ring true
as long as my name causes dread
my real name known to a few

so I seek many other treasures
the fight is great succession
and indulge in freedoms pleasures
as I relieve them of possession

so I plot where the ship will steer
with a full hull of bounty fair won
a pirate or perhaps a privateer
my work is never done

so when you see my black sails
hanging from my mast
that when brave mens' courage fails
thank the gods my ship is fast

even though I rarely kill
and take what's not my rite
it is the mind and the will
that guards me in this flight

No comments:

Post a Comment