Friday, April 10, 2009

full moon in hwaesong

The moon shines bright calling to the cannines tattooed on my soul. The fox, the wolf, the hound, the coyote - the cunning, the teacher, the loyalist and the trickster run through the Byeongjeom night. And for this night I run with the wild hunt. It is there where the mountain of glass that haunts my dreams stays, between the dreaming and the dead. My borderlands, my road of shadows.

Finally pay day and plans to go out to the Crazy Duck take form. I am very tired the week was exhausting. But things are taking shape. The Korean sword form is going well and helping me read/write the language. Been writing, finally have the letters ready to go out and the money to mail them. I have been looking into my post Korea plans and hope to save money if worse comes to worse. I resuced Soy who returned to us ( Tuesdays, Thursdays , Fridays ) after locking herself in one of the unused classrooms to get breast milk for her little one. The last few classes on Thursday and generally I can coast through Friday's none the worse for wear. I ran into Soy's mother who invited me to some grand picnic in the far future. I miss my family, my friends, the ramblin rovers and the circle. I have written a few poems since I've been here and I am planning on putting up bits of my new fiction. I am cleaning up a few plays for submission and I had to cannibalize an old group of stories to fit into the Glass Mountain. I may have to put a glossary in the back of it. The moon is full and I walk under the alien stars of the shadow road. Still wrestling with bad insomnia and I am missing the sorceress who has my heart the most. I had a long walk and talk with a few decades old ghosts and we came to terms. You can only hold onto memories so long before their sweetness turns to poison. The warrior poet stars to speak again, in fits and starts. But his parries, strikes and thrusts are clean even though his prose sometimes lacks definition.

No comments:

Post a Comment