Wednesday, April 22, 2009

S.E.T.I. or all alone in the night

On my way to the family mart to get a soda, I was stopped by a group of kids yelling "WEYGOOKIN !!!" I responded Ai Ni yo, Hangeukin, ha susuisunida chalheyo ( I am Korean and I speak Korean very well ) I left them stunned. But I learned a long time ago what it was like to be an alien. I still think about what's out there, what our planetary community it like. With ex astronauts saying we are not alone. I wonder what would happen if they did come. Would we as a species act the same way as the Koreans do. Would we embrace them, would they enslave us, would we turn on ourselves. Human nature is predictable. I would still like to be alive if we ever do meet them and say " I was there the day we were no longer all alone in the night."

No comments:

Post a Comment