Wednesday, April 1, 2009

the feral hobbit workout

Long hard April babbo(fools) day

It was a long slog through the trenches of Mordor. My students were good. My problem class calmed down after a scolding from Captain Scott ( the Big Nim , cause I can't for the life of me remember the proper Korean for his title.) Been in the nasty habit of pluralizing Korean. Weygooks as opposed to Weygookin. And a weird English suffix brought about by the 7 months of seven day weeks working with Kevin Carlson, the interior designer . The suffix -age. If you need curtains you need curtainage, blinds blindage, a dresser dresserage. That an my own old slang Golden ( very good ) have worked their way back into my speak. 9 days and counting until I get paid. I have been saving but very little. I hope to do better this coming month.

As for the title of this blog entry. I was contemplating a gym membership. But it occured to me between the pass ball game I play at the end of classes, dodging korean drivers, ducking landmines of innuendo, I have kept in good form. And with the training as well as hitting a plateau in my current Korean studies. Learning to read soon. I understnad more than I can speak. Which comes out in the weirdest of situations. I am studying hard. Looking into my certifications. But the biggest workout is the kids.

The hobbit curl - where the kids want my to life them and fly them around the room like superman.
The hanging hobbit - when groups of them grab onto my elbows as I lift them off the ground.
The hobbit press - the pushing up and off of a mob of candy deprived Sacksville Bagginses
The Treebeard shuffle - When I walk with them clinging to my legs.
The Hobbit/Troll ultimate megasonic wrestling - when an entire class of the ferals tries to arm wrestle me "at once"
The Uruk drag - when a few refuse to budge and with cries of Andei ( No way/No ) and I am forced to drag them and my poor passball around class

Such is my life as it is.

I miss my girl so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment