Wednesday, April 22, 2009

my pet and Aesop's revenge

As you know I have been considering a pet, so today I asked the students what kind of pet I should get. They suggested

koala
crocodile
shark
elephant
pig
tiger - Ana suggested a baby tiger
horse
fox
lion
eagle
bear
wolf

I was thining of a cat, I explained my chip(home) was chokum(small)

The old tales of the lion and the big wind, the mole and the seed, the fox and the crow, the tiger and the rabbit. Are in some of the units I have been teaching. The younger students like it when I change voices and punch the stories up a bit. I got to explain about fables. How all stories wherever they are from have similar themes. They got it. I hope if I leave them with anything it's that something different is not to be feared. I know many of my kids will never leave Korea and after so many years of compulsory English in public school they'll grow to resent it. I got to do a little Shakespeare today too. Good day overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment