Monday, May 18, 2009

the braii or God has a South African accent

A weekend of wonders started , thursday was finally to ill to work. on friday is when I finally called in sick. Dr. Kim saw me on thursday and told me I had a touch of the flu and was suffering from exhaustion. Being an American I rarely go to the hospital unless I am in the process of bleeding out from multiple gn shot wounds and even then I think it can be fixed by Advil. But constant concerned harassment from people, and a voice in Leonine's Saffer accent saying in the back of my head "Go to hospital!!" finally pushed me there. So I became convinced God has a south African accent.
Saturday I took Taryn to a South African Braii ( basically a big cookout ) the food was fantastic. I got to dance. CHill out to good African music. I was often approached and questioned in Africanne being big and blonde. I would respond in Korean. I was just glad to take Taryn who has been so lonely as of late. To be surrounded by her coutrymen and women. She was in heaven. Sunday I brought the coveted screen over to Tanya's and generally took it easy. As Aidn one of my Korean froend says. "You are in Korea, it's a different sky, a different stars, ( said with a small chuckle ) a different God. "
The gods are hard, often cruel, but they aren't blind and sometimes kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment