Tuesday, May 26, 2009

little bits of both

For some odd reason a Korean Dunkin Donuts driver who I talk to everymorning as I wait for my bus decided to drive me to work. It was totally random act.

Then went to Subway for my big Tuesday/Thursday lunch. Where I met Ed. Ed's mother is visiting from London and I have faint twinges of envy. Ed has been a good friend to me here. And since I put the crew together the loneliness has abated for many of them.

Master Kim also wants to spar me hardcore, An evil grin erupts on my face. Between Master Kim, Chul Hee and the Kumdo master my preparations for Dragon slaying are going ahead full force.

Today had it's up and downs. My boys class was well behaved and I was teaching a section of comic books. A new hero was invented Jhang Gun Man. We decided his superpowers were invulnerability and super strength. SO basically I am a tank. Not too far from the truth.

The sad news today is that my best speaker Dolphin is having problems and is leaving the Hogwon. She has been being rebellious recently. Wearing earrings and make up etc. But she spit on the seats today. Something very bad is going on and I don't have the authority or the language to find out why. If I were teaching in public schools back in the states, I wouls at least have options and some legal recourse to help her. It saddens me.

No comments:

Post a Comment