Monday, March 30, 2009

Scott I'm calling you from a lavoratory

This weekend was fun and strange

Friday, the club was getting together for dirnks when unexpectedly the rumor of an informal meeting brought many Weygooks into Byeongjeom. A few in paticular were troublesome, getting drunk, hitting on my bartenders and one man decided to get drunk and belligerent so I listened to him rant about his shotkan black belt and my impending doom at his hands as I poured him in a cab. There was stresses all around, but the evening ended well.

Saturday was a mellow day for me, studying korean and working out with a newly inflated basketball, patiently waiting on Master Kim to score me a pair of escrima sticks. I knew money was going to be tight. I really hate getting paid once per month. But anyway. As I was settling in for a quiet evening. I get a call from Taryn, the title of this blog "Scott I am calling you from a lavoratory in Seoul station" It seemed one of the Americans ran into Taryn and her South African friend and insinuated himself into their plans. This call was for me to meet her and artfully tell the guy to back off. Which I did with my usual charm, tact and finesse. In a voice an octave lower I simply said "See you later." He got the hint. But the funniest line was after he left. Taryn who has been here all of thirty minutes said "Damn Newbies."

Sunday met two needs of mine RPG's and great American food. Barry and I just hung out and it felt good to DM again. I miss the circle of the phoenix madly. Another foreigner I know wants me to turn him into an Escrima death machine. It makes me smile. Sent some of my plays to this lovely little Brit named Maria she likes what she's reading. Sunday ended pulled pork sandwiches, back adjustments and injury comparison. I won ( but barely between the injury sisters of Sam and Tanya ) but it was determined that the American avoidance of healthcare in all but the most dire circumstances comes from it not being socialized.
Taryn insisted that we are not human. But hey I'm a tekkebe ( a ghost ) looking for his magic bat she wasn't too far from the truth. I finished the night with Ed at Nimbus. He and Sam are going to teach me to read this language. Since I speak well for a Noob. I'm mimic more that I speak. I listen and practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment