Monday, March 9, 2009

addendum Itaewan and grrrrrrrrr

I'm planning on going back to Itaewan this coming weeked, and the one thing I forgot to mention. Jehovah's witnesses are just as annoying in Korea as they are in the states.

Long day of classes. The students were out of control. I have little korean to control them. And Soy spoiled them. There has got to be a way to keep an English only policy in my classroom. Like every other Hogwan I've talked to. I believe teaching English in Korean skews the process of learning. I was told students are well behaved here. Just another lie on the list of things for my defense when I throttle my recruiter. I was told I wold have multiple native english speakers at my school, I was told my apartment was walking distance from the school, I was not told I had to call students houses, I was not told about fees being taken out of my first months pay. I believe in information. Information lets people make proper decsions. You can have a lie of omission.

No comments:

Post a Comment