Sunday, March 15, 2009

Q:What is your name....R: I like KimChi

I'm back from a weekend of exploring with my two abductors Sam and Tanya. They kidhapped me last week to Suwon and this week a bit of a tour. First stop Wes' Country Bar. I country bar in Korea. Line dancing pool. And they have both types of music. Country and Western. Good to hear Credence and Skynard. The owner Wes also has some Zydeco to play. I'm going back. Then off the the Crazy Duck where there was the one thing I needed most dancing. I met a fellow Byongjeon resident Taryn who has been here two weeks. So I took her under my wing. The same way Leonine took me under hers. We talked alot. Sam and Tanya have been friends forever and Sam is a great guide. Then off to Seoul for St. Patties day/ White Day. We hit a few markets. I got a much needed electric Razor. We spent the night primarily in two places. The Nashville bar, good place. Good people adn a Shakespeare challenge. American's don't know Shakespeare. So I just went on an iambic rant. And did some of my improvised poetry. We ended the night in Woodstock and had some live music. Bone shattering live music. They also have an open mic night. I may get my performance fix in. I haven't dusted off my Henry 5 or Iago in awhile.
Alot of the conversation was around teaching and Korean culture. The title says it all. When asking students a question the responses can be funny. Also my apologies for the rampant mispellings. I have had limited computer time.
After finally getting my super dictionary. I gave two of my other dictionaries to Ed and Taryn. Leonine said pay it foward. And who am I to question a goddess.
Sunday was the meeting of the Happy Suwon Language club. They meet bi monthly and I made quite of few contacts. Don't really want to go back to the invisibilty I feel at work. I ended the night at Nimbus bar with Ed.
Hana = 1, Ha = speak, Han River, Han geul = Korea, Hangookin = Koreans, Hangerool = Korena language. I see all emerging from the Chrysalis of Oneness. Explaining to me at least alot about the culture I am immersed in.

No comments:

Post a Comment