Friday, March 20, 2009

Suhakhada

Suhak=math / hada=do = do the math

I got a haircut, just cleaning it up. It is high comedy watching me explain how much to cut.

My super Korean English dictionary has been used non stop since I got it. I call it the Mosul chaek " Magic Book" because it has the english word, the korean characters, and the phoenetic. Since my boss thinks a guy with pigeon korean should be able to explain to a class of (marginal english speakers who like kimchi )10 year olds the word "architecture"

One of the boys brought a sword to class. I took that away from him explaining that English, 13 year olds, and swords are an alchemical recipe for disaster. But some of them saw me with my bokken and were amazed the foreigner could do what I do.

One of students Anthony, follows me like a lost puppy ( although this puppy is not on the menu.) He was following me when we ran into the female bartender I know. She is cute as a button. We talked a bit. A random foreigner gave me the thumbs up. It was nothing. But Anthony now wants to play on the American side when I play Migukin vs Hangukin.

My solo classes with Scarlet, a girl I named after Ms. O'Hara from Gone with the Wind after I saw it double billed with a colorized Casablanca on late night Korean TV. Scarlet Is learning well. This kid is adorable. She tries to teach me Korean and took my Korean Name Jhang Goon, and added the Korean word for Lion to it. My hair tie broke so I became Saja Jhang Goon ( Lion General ). All the little girls are funny when teaching the word handsome, I asked "Teacher handsome?" They shrieked and cried "NO!" in unison. This was the same class where one girl jokingly came at her with a pen to stab her. ( Her technique needed work ) and the little one yelled AAAAHH Sarinja ( I'm being murdered ). Louie one of my beest talkers keeps talking baseball with me. Korea has been beating Japan. A little historical revenge.

I took Ed out for drinks and we got to name the entire bar staff, after flowers. He thought it was the coolest thing ever. Hanging out with the local foreigners introducing many to each other. It feels really good to do that. After what I went through my first two months. But I got to be sure to not bring too many foreigners at once, because too many Weygookin may make the place persona non grata.

I still want my magic bat.

No comments:

Post a Comment