Monday, March 23, 2009

strange days indeed

The first official meeting of the SBDC - Surly Byeonjeon Drinking Club gathered at Nimbus bar on Friday night. The group is a good size, diverse and friendly. It let me feel like I was hanging out with my friends at "No idea" or "Rudy's Tap Room". I brought a cake for the girls there as a gift/bribe before the Foreigners invaded. Then to Mercury where the English just flowed. The night ended at a Norae bong ( a private kareoke room ) where I slaughtered / butchered / tenderized / resurrected / rinse and repeat - perfectly good songs with smile and style. A good time was had by all.

Operation Beard is a go.

Then in the morning made an appearence as a token boyfirend for Tanya. So as to keep her sanity as well as keep her principal from setting her up with every single male korean bachelor. That was a success. Then off to Costco for American products and a sacred bastetball.

Sunday was spent showing Taryn around so as to help her acclimatize. As well helping her with basic survival commodities. I have never seen a person more happy for a bathmat and conditioner. It felt good to be sure no one else went through the first two months of hell that I did. Saw Watchmen, liked it.

Now today back at work and my return to exile and invisibility. Had my health check today and I was feeling dog sick. I don't know if it's the Yellow dust blowing in from the Gobi desert but man strange days indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment