Friday, March 13, 2009

Magic Bats, Mad Dogs Brekfast and I Don't Speak English

Mad Dog's Brekfast is a colorful piece of Australian slang. It somehow resurfaced from my travels into my life. I feel like a mad dog's brekfast means your not at all well. I've been sick most of this week.
Chin Teh explained to me, that the monster/ ghost Su Wa thought I was. Is from a folktale. I has a magic bat/ stick that creates whatever it wants. Chin Teh's list included - Wine, Cars, Houses Secshi Girls. I want my magic bat, Has become kind of a catch phrase between CHin Teh and I.
So brain dead the last few days. Been making a habit of jaywalking. Fearless of traffic from my war years in New York. My response when the koreans ask. New York-uh, it gets laughs.
Went out with the Kiwi and the New Brit. Went practicing Korean. They both can read Korean. And study different things, like nouns, or verbs. I've been owrking and drilling into my head grammar and perfect phrasing. Phrasing without an accent. I am now the Phrase master, of the Surly Byongjeom Korean Speaking, Drinking and Writing Society.
My Korean comes out at weird times. Heading to work a bunch of women were jaywalking and as traffic came I said Bphali ( means "hurry" ). I like the look as shock. Today at the office. Iris greeted my in English, I responded " I don't speak English" in perfect Korean and she hit the floor. Working on fixing my Computer so I won't be on much this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment