Wednesday, March 4, 2009

live english, live steel, live korean

The oral interviews cause the most amount of stress to the students, they look paniced like some linguistic grenade is about to explode at their feet. I am patient and speak slowly. I try to let them find the words. I am empathetic to them. I am doing the same with my Korean. "I listened" like Banderas in the Thirteenth warrior. The training has been going well. But as TJ always said I keep slipping into my style. Just like my language. As much for comfort as necessity. My matches have been good. Been using what Tj and I called "tall people" tricks. Switching more into my largo mano. Keep hitting, hands, wrists, knees and heads. My hands are killing me. Lost weight a little too much and started a regimen to bulk up again.
I also stopped a little korean girl blowing bublles from walking into traffic. Korean drivers are like Jersey drivers. Her mother was thrilled and scared. I just said "It's okay" and walked away into the drizzle and fog.
The cities all have titles, like Happy Suwon or Healthy City Hwaesong, I live in Surly Byongjeom. The weekend is coming up and I gt paid soon so my weekend travel plans are starting to firm up. Also got to save money. I got a few new students. I want to name the girls Linda, Jody, Nancy, Janice and Ginger when I get the chance. Looks like the Circle of the Phoenix and the family will leave their mark here. Been living on kim bhap ( a rice/seaweed roll with a little meat in it for protein ) My own cooking, although the larders are getting bare. I've been reading the books Paul sent me. " Thanks brother " and living on the chocolates my mom sent. Remeber if ever in korea they heat tyhrough the floors so don't put candles on bare floor. They turn into Jackson Pollack paintings. Waiting on my computer to start tje Korean alphabet and to continue with the two stories I was writing. I have been tweaking a bunch of older stuff. Have some new stuff for the blog and desperately want to show off my play "Slaying Dragons" which I've been working on too damn long. Slaying dragons may find it's way into the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment